How Can a New HVAC System Impact the Value of a Home?
Your home is one of your largest investments, so you want to protect its value and hopefully help it increase. Whether you want to stay in the greater Norfolk, VA area or get top dollar when you sell, a quality HVAC system can significantly impact your home’s value.
The Research Behind Home Value
Research shows buyers are willing to pay up to 8% more for homes with high-efficiency HVAC systems, double-pane windows, and other energy-saving features. These innovations are particularly popular among millennials, who represent the largest group of home buyers today.
While the return on investment of installing a new heating and air conditioning system is around 56%, end-of-life equipment and deferred maintenance issues may cost you even more if you choose not to replace it. Plus, an upgraded system can provide a variety of other benefits you can enjoy right now.
Is It Time for an HVAC Replacement?
At Hats Off Heating & Cooling, we consider several items before recommending a replacement. Here are a few things that we examine.
- Replacement may be the best option if your HVAC system is 12 to 15 years old.
- Updates can correct systemic issues related to equipment sizing and ductwork construction that affect your comfort and energy bills.
- Reliability issues and rising ownership costs can make replacement the most cost-effective choice.
Advantages of Installing a New Furnace or Air Conditioner
Most homeowners install new HVAC equipment to boost their comfort and avoid reliability issues, but there are other benefits as well.
- Technology: New systems are compatible with existing smart home technology.
- Efficiency: A replacement can lower your heating and cooling bills by 20% or more.
- Warranty: New installations backed by a long-term warranty for peace of mind.
- Extras: Central HVAC systems can be paired with air cleaners and other accessories for added comfort.
If you’re ready to upgrade your home, give us a call. You’re welcome to browse our selection of energy-saving heat pumps, air conditioners, and ventilation equipment online.
Image provided by iStock
You May Also Like
With temperatures dropping, you’re relying more on your home’s heating system. As a result, you’re also seeing your heating costs rise. So,… Continue Reading 3 Tips for Managing Your Heating Bills in Chesapeake, VA…
With colder weather looming just around the corner, now’s the time to ready your furnace for winter in Norfolk, VA. With just… Continue Reading Essential Steps to Prep Your Furnace for Winter…
Your heat pump in Portsmouth, VA, won’t regulate your indoor temperatures efficiently forever. There will come a time when you will need… Continue Reading Is It Time for a New Heat Pump for Your Portsmouth, VA Home?…